Sunday, January 25, 2009

Digging the Garmin

I have to admit, I really like the thing. Mind you its not really necessary, but it is a quality product. ie it seems to work.

It maybe has too much information, and I'm not talking about it reporting on me farting or anything like that, (altho I would like to see if there is an HR spike when that happens ;)

What I mean is the interface on the device is not the most intuitive. Spending time with Phil He showed me shortcuts that I did not see in the instructions. like a quick way to go from outdoor where it looks for a GPS signal, to indoors where it doesn't.

None the less, it is pretty neat to be able to replay the run on a map in motionbase.com and also it appears you can race others on the site by uploading the information and replaying. using their "dot race" feature.

SO although I still believe it is not a necessary tool, it looks to be a real added value. so for all of you folks that saw me roll my eyes up at you whenever yo went to check your watch and yell out the elevation gains per segment of the run. Sorry.

In truth it was just GPS envy. I always wanted one too.

Now you power meter guys with all of your watts....you make me sick! ;)

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Yah I could use a gps too...:-)