Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Time to take it off

It is an unfortunate thing but the way I operate I need to be totally focussed on something in order to be able to be dedicated to it. This does not mean that it has to be the only thing in my life, but it does mean I need to intertwine it with my day to day existance. So for the case of workouts and losing weight, there is only one way I have been able to really feel like I get into it and that is by tracking it. However I need the right tools for feedback, that is Training peaks.

I just happen to like the way I can enter what I have eaten, it has the nutritional information at hand (that either I have put in myself earlier or is in a database). after entering the workouts and the days meals, is it gives me a complete breakdown of my daily nutrition intake and any calorie surpluss or deficit. Which then allows me to adjust the next day if need be. It takes the burning of 3500 calories to burn 1 lb of fat. As such this comes out to 500 calories a day in order to lose 1 lb a week. Or 1000 cal a day to lose 2 lbs.

My objective for this week is to lose at least 1-2 lbs a week until March 24. Some target dates are:

By March 30 - 160
April 30 - 156
May 30 - 152

This would be a total weight loss of 12 lbs and a new weight low for me in recent history. If I look good enough I may even consider shaving my legs! Fortunatly I will never look that good ;)

No comments: