Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crossing Guard duty


Yesterday I was driving home from the grocery store, and was called upon to pull crossing guard duty. A family of wild turkeys was crossing the street in my neighborhood. they are the local turkey family Gabi Gobble and the kids ;) They are known around here and the neighborhood sort of looks out for them. Their road crossing skills require some work :)

A few weeks ago I had a very close encounter with them when I was putting in a new Mailbox. They just simply came walking by, over my driveway, stopping mid way to pick at ants and such. I just froze midway through a step I was taking. Not expecting to see a Turkey and 7 chicks just walk across my driveway just a yard away from me.

This is why I love Northern Westchester. Only an hour away from the Big City, but thousands of miles away in lifestyle.

No comments: