Monday, August 25, 2008

Recovery meal

Well I just finished a 45 minute EASY workout on the indoor trainer. No HR, no speed or pace, just easy spinning. Its just an exercise to get me off my sorry ass. I tried doing crunches the other day and felt a slight pain in my collarbone afterwards, so I decided to skip those until I done some more quality healing. ( no really, its true, this is not an excuse to get out of core work!)

Anyhow, I was able to progress on my reading of "Going Long" So it was a pretty efficient ride in getting two things done at once.

Anyhow now I am having what is maybe my favorite recovery meal, Black bean soup. LUV it! Being Cuban born eating Black beans is basically a standard thing. Yet as much as I do eat them I never get tired of them. They have protein, and carbs. To keep things simple I just get the Goya Brand Black bean soup, the one that are ready to eat. Throw in a dash of garlic powder and Adobo ( mix of different seasonings) And presto! recovery meal.

I also find this to be a great pre-race meal, one of the better known side effects helps keep people from Drafting during the race ;)

No comments: