Sunday, August 17, 2008

First Run in weeks

My last run was a short transition run on July 13. Today was my first run after my cycling accident that resulted in my broken collarbone. Per doctors orders, it was extremely slow with little arm movement. It was basically a shuffle for 20 minutes. It was great to get out and run in the sun. Get the cobwebs out.

Tomorrows I star a very easy training program, based on what the doc told me I could do. Its basically 30 minutes each day of cycling and running. Doing each on alternating days. Doesn't sound like much but , after todays run my shoulder was sore. So it tells me I am not going to be back to my usual work load in a while.

But it sure is nice to see a training plan stretching out before me.

2 comments:

Philip LaVoie said...

So good to hear yer coming back bud! Hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Bill Risch said...

Welcome back JG - make it through the recovery and you'll be back to perfect (physically) soon enough! As for mentally, I don't know if any of us can help with that ;-)