Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Ironman bug in Cuba

A while ago I read the article in Triathlete magazine about this guy in Cuba who was so in love with the sport that he and a few friends would make up their own Ironman races. They would do this without the benefit of the latest gear, using only cast off bikes from tourists. And I assume little by way of gu, and the normal sports nutrition that we all take for granted.

Recently I found that Kona Shelley was actually trying to raise money to get this guy over to Canada to do a fully supported IM Race. Well Times are hard right now for me money wise so I cant actually add to the pot myself, but I figured I had to do something to help out a Compadre being that I am Cuban myself. So If you are moved by this guys story please feel free to help him out. The link is Here





3 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Awwwww I heart you!! Thanks for the plug!!!!

Born To Endure said...

Btw..your link doesn't work, here is the one to the site:http://ironman4raul.blogspot.com/

Ski Dad said...

WOW that was fast! I just finished posting that like 30 minutes ago, what do you have a automated thimofajig that combs the world web for any mention of you or Raul? lol