Saturday, September 6, 2008

Are you sure you are registerred for your IM race?

Dont know if anyone other than me noticed a few weeks ago that my IM Lake Placid countdown was showing a Blank "Image not found" type of message. The reason for that was that the image is located on the Ironman USA website ( MA Sports) and their servers went down. In fact they were down for a few weeks, and they are still recovering. Since they lost their backup files as well. So what does this mean to you and me?

They lost all participant records.

Thats right all of your registration info and the fact that you were registered for one of their races. The only reason most people are now listed is because Active.com was able to provide them a list of participant that paid through them. This helped with the athletes that registered the regular way.

BUT if you went through Community fund, I got news for you. They do may know you are in any of their races.

How did I find this out? Because I was suddenly NOT listed in the IM Lake Placid 09 race anymore.

Community Fund spots do not go through Active.com so they could not recover the info. I suspect this affects the 09 races mostly. Because they were able to find my info, but I was back to being registered for IM Wisconsin. Which I had changed back after my accident 6 weeks ago.

Of course they should have your checks but I suspect they cant find those lol
I am not the only one, my friend Phil also went thought this pain of having to send in the registration info again.

So do yourself a favor, check that you are still listed in the IM race you are training for, especially if you went through the Community Fund.

No comments: