Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Twizzlers as survival food

Ok so I was having a strawberry flavored Twizzler ( I know my holistic nutritionist friend commonly known as Holistic Guru is probably gritting her teeth right now) and it occurred to me that this little piece of candy is true survival food:

1) If you are really starved it has 39 calories per serving for that little bit of Umph that you may need
2) You can use it to tie things together
3) most importantly you can bite off each end and use it as a life giving straw to breath through if you find your self in a situation where you need to dive into water to evade capture by evil doers. I mean they are hollow inside!

I am sure there are lots of other brilliant uses for this handy candy. I will make sure to keep one around in the cars emergency kit.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Any way you can try convincing her that Twizzler recently changed their recipe to replace sugar with stevia?

Ski Dad said...

Nah she knows ALL, no hoodwinking the Holistic Guru. Besides I would think the survival benefits alone would be worth something..

Strouter said...

One of my swim teammates when I was young used to use twizzlers as a straw to drink coke. Can you say sugar shock? OMG. :-)