Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time Trial

Well today I finally did the time trials that I had planned on doing in the mornings. Time is very limited lately for me, but now that the sun starts coming up around 5AM, there is now some time for cycling. Due to the short time frame, it cannot be an endurance effort. But I decided I wanted to have a high intensity ride instead, something I can measure. There is a road near m that is perfect for time trialling. It is a straight stretch of rolling hills for 4.5 miles it is about 2 miles away from my house, so I rode there this morning and did it, 4.5 miles hard effort on the way out and then took a two minute break, then did the 4.5 back. I averaged 18.4 MPH for the duration.

Not bad. At least for me, riding is not my strength so I'll take it for now. I hope to be able to do that in 19.5 or 20 by the end of the summer.

No comments: