Saturday, January 23, 2010

Help Haiti, Help yourself!

As mentioned in my earlier post I have been mulling ideas for supporting the releif efforts in Haiti. My search has brought me to one charity that I have supported in the past through volunteering locally. Its habitat for humanities, and personally I cant think of a better way to help those in Haiti, who have lost their homes, than by at least providing a safe shelter.

Habitat is addressing shelter solutions for low-income families affected by the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that struck Haiti on January 12, 2010. Habitat’s ability to respond effectively to this disaster will require support from donors, corporate partners and other community organizations.

More information is available on their website

So here is what I propose:

HELP HAITI AND HELP YOURSELF
$30/30 minutes

I am offering a 1/2 hour consultation to anyone who donates $30 or more to Habitat for Humanities' Haiti efforts. All you need to do is forward to me the confirmation of the donation that you receive from Habitat, it should be dated from today January 23, and after. Send the confirmations to my email: javier@opironmultisport.com

I am doing this from now to February 15

So Who am I? This from my Coaching website


(www.opironmultisport.com)
Javier Gomez - Triathlon Coach, USAT Level 1 Certified

Javier has been a Triathlete for a number of years, having raced dozens of triathlons, most recently Ironman Lake Placid. For the past 2 years he has been a coach and has lead the beginners triathlon program for Race with Purpose (www.racewithpurpose.org). Javier also coaches individual clients with a variety of experience levels.

Ideas of what you can achieve with a one hour consultation:
setup a rudimentary plan for the year, get feedback about your training, ideas for workouts, learn how to prioritize your races, get feedback about your current plans and refine them.

These are just some ideas. More to come-

No comments: