Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back to Training

Well my marathon active recovery is now OVER! and I am glad for it. It was nice to be able to sit around and relax a bit at first but I have to say It was also kind of nerve racking. It was a change in my routine. I actually enjoy running long and going out for rides. Its a chance for me to work out the problems of the day in my head.

It was not wasted time, I did get allot done around the house. Painted the living-room, which included teetering on a 20 ft ladder to paint the Cathedral ceilings.

I also did a little research on the Mind games we play with ourselves during races. Interesting stuff, with allot of different approaches to dealing with it. I still have to filter out all that I learned to see what they mean to me and how I can apply what I learned to my own training and racing.

As if another sign that its time to return to training, the sun is now out at 5:30AM, thus opening up the mornings for more outdoor activities like riding. Kewl!

No comments: